Monday, April 28, 2003

I Have a Dream



I have a dream. In my dream, Janene Garafolo, guilty over reneging on her promise to crawl on cut glass, would make a thoughtful rebuttal to her critics like the Dixie Chicks. In fact, she, Sheryl Crow, and the Dixie Chicks should come over to my house and personally show me how I've dehumanized them by stripping and letting me write political slogans on their bodies.

Then comes the bubble bath and the sud fight . . .

Then I would forgive them for their callous inhumanity to the Iraqis, and they would forgive me for being a right wing stooge of the capitalist status quo, and for silencing them with my criticism. Then we would forgive each other again. Oh, how we would forgive. . .

Where was I? Oh, yeah. I have a dream.

(Susan Sarandon, Mike Moore and Mike Farrell can stay home - if nudity is the alternative, I already forgive them.)